Posting Pics On Cook's Korner

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_garlicscapes_*

Guest_garlicscapes_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:16 AM

I am wondering if any of you blog-savvy folks have a quick and easy way to post pics.

I know about photobucket, but is there a way to avoid the extra step of uploading to a service?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Dana

Dana
  • Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:14 AM

Look down in Tech Tips and Questions. There are some pretty good instructions there. If I can do it, anyone can!!!
Stop Family Violence
Leslie, I will never forget you.

#3 Matthew Kayahara

Matthew Kayahara
  • Members
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:55 AM

I am wondering if any of you blog-savvy folks have a quick and easy way to post pics.

I know about photobucket, but is there a way to avoid the extra step of uploading to a service?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, there's a built-in gallery system on the board, so you don't have to use Flickr or Photobucket or any similar service. You can find instructions by following this link.
kayahara.ca
@mtkayahara

"A pot saver is a self-hampering cook. Use all the pans, bowls, and equipment you need, but soak them in water as soon as you are through with them. Clean up after yourself frequently to avoid confusion."
-Julia Child, Mastering the Art of French Cooking

#4 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:04 AM

In fact, I generally prefer if people do use the invision gallery built into the board. it saves a lo of potential broken links down the road.

This thread doesn't really belong in cooking, so I'll move it to tech tips for the moment.
Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

#5 Guest_garlicscapes_*

Guest_garlicscapes_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:49 AM

Posted Image

I did it!!!

My first picture uploaded - and it wasn't hard after all :).

Edited by garlicscapes, 11 April 2007 - 10:50 AM.

#6 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:49 PM

well done. They can be a little bigger though I think!
cookskorner@gmail.com

#7 Corgi Man

Corgi Man
  • Members
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

But smaller it would make a lovely avatar.
Food, glorious food! / Hot sausage and mustard!
While we're in the mood -- / Cold jelly and custard!
Pease pudding and saveloy! / What next is the question?
Rich gentlemen have it, boys -- / In-di-gestion!

Lionel Bart - OLIVER!

#8 Guest_garlicscapes_*

Guest_garlicscapes_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:18 PM

What a great idea Corgi Man!!! My first avatar.

Marlene - Now I even know how to resize - just wait until all my garlic scapes come up. I may have to change my avatar to suit my name :).

#9 James

James
  • Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:04 AM

In fact, I generally prefer if people do use the invision gallery built into the board. it saves a lo of potential broken links down the road.

This thread doesn't really belong in cooking, so I'll move it to tech tips for the moment.

Quite by accident, I discovered I can copy image url of one of my images on facebook,
and post it here, without bothering to send the image from Picasa to the Invision album.

Does this present a problem? I'm not sure I understand about broken links.
"A stew boiled is a stew spoiled!"
-Mrs. Bridges, in Upstairs Downstairs

#10 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:43 AM

Quite by accident, I discovered I can copy image url of one of my images on facebook,
and post it here, without bothering to send the image from Picasa to the Invision album.

Does this present a problem? I'm not sure I understand about broken links.

I am less fussed about this, than I used to be. Ron, for example, does not use the image gallery here. The idea behind broken links is this: if images are not hosted on this site, then when you delete the image from facebook, or flickr, for example, the picture gets deleted from here. That's what happened when Chris went away mad a few years ago and it took hours for me to fix, thus prompting that rule. However, in today's tech world, it is impossible to ensure that people use our gallery and if the site ever does grow, I don't have the time or energy to monitor it anymore.
cookskorner@gmail.com

#11 James

James
  • Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:48 AM

I'm looking at imageshack and photobucket as a host. Haven't had success with Flickr yet, but it is quite a site.
There is a good photo discussion on RFD, Toronto oriented,
but useful.

#12 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

For some reason neither of us can no longer access CK at the cottage. (last 2 visits) Never been a problem before and when I come back to the city no problem. Can anyone venture a guess as to why? Can get into every other site with no problem.

#13 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

For some reason neither of us can no longer access CK at the cottage. (last 2 visits) Never been a problem before and when I come back to the city no problem. Can anyone venture a guess as to why? Can get into every other site with no problem.

That's really weird. Next time you're at the cottage, see if you can find your IP address and I'll see what I can figure out. Are you taking laptops with you or is this a desktop at the cottage? Who is your service provider at the cottage. It would be best to private message me with any of this info!
cookskorner@gmail.com

#14 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:55 AM

Thanks Marlene, will do. We both have laptops that we take back and forth.

#15 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

Thanks Marlene, will do. We both have laptops that we take back and forth.

ok and are you on dial up at the cottage or on high speed. Did your area recently switch to 10 digit dialing like mine did at the cottage?
cookskorner@gmail.com

#16 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:40 AM

We have a dish through xplornet. Yes, I believe they did switch to 10 digit.

#17 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

Yes, Marlene. Wanted to make sure it was consistent but 3 days and all was well. Go figure? Thanks so much for all your help. Was afraid I was going to have a summer of no CK :angry:

#18 James

James
  • Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

I wonder if the site designers (Invision) have noted how much easier it is to post photos on facebook, twitter or Chowhound.
The need to resize, transfer to a CK or eG album, then go through a laborious process to get a photo into a post...well, it isn't necessary elsewhere, and there are many more easy slots to post in.
Just saying.

#19 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

You do need to resize, but you don't have to upload to the gallery if you don't want to. I scrapped that months ago. I"m pretty sure Ron doesn't upload to the gallery. I find it easier actually. Speaking of which, I have a ticket into Invision because I don't seem to be able to upload to the gallery at all right now. Anyone else having that problem?
cookskorner@gmail.com

#20 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

So now I know why I couldn't upload pics. We were out of disk space. I've deleted a crap load of stuff so we are ok for now, but we are probably going to have to switch hosts since Invision can't offer me any more space. I'll keep you posted as to when that will happen as when it does, the site will likely be down for a bit.
cookskorner@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users