Posting Pictures From A Mac Computer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Corgi Man

Corgi Man
  • Members
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

Uploading and Posting Your Pictures from a Mac Computer.

Once you're on the home page and you've logged on, in the upper right-hand corner you'll see your screen name and to the right of that you'll see a little white downward pointing arrow. Click on the arrow.

Posted Image

A menu will appear. Double click on "My Gallery."

Posted Image

On the next page that appears, look to the column on the left-hand side of the page and click on the last item, "Edit my albums."

Posted Image

Once the next page appears, look to the extreme right and you'll see a white rectangular box that reads, "Select an operation." Click on that and a menu will appear. Click on the last item, "Bulk upload."

Posted Image

On this next page that should appear go down to Post Multiple Files. Starting with the top of the column, click on "Choose File." (You can add photos by choosing a photo for each of these 10 Choose Files.)

Posted Image

When the window comes up to choose the file, you need to find the photo you want to upload. It could be on your desk top or in a folder. Find the location and photo and click on the photo's name. (In this case it's the highlighted Tuna Steak Caesar.JPG.) Once you've highlighted the photo's name, click on "Choose" in the lower right-hand corner.

Posted Image

Now you can choose more photos. Just go down the 'Choose File's" one by one. You can see I've chosen two photos, and am about to add a third because the name of each photo appears to the right of its "Choose File" after you've selected a photo.

Posted Image

Well, I decided not to upload the third. Now, I'm going to double-click on the orange button at the bottom of the page, "Post Multiple Files." This action can take a while sometimes, depending on how busy the server is. Sometimes 20 seconds, sometimes several minutes.

Posted Image

When it's done a new page comes up with your gallery of your pictures progressing from most recent all the way back to when you started. These are small versions of your photos.

Posted Image

Click on the small version of the picture you want to post and the full-size image will appear on the next page to appear.

Posted Image

While holding the "Control" key down on the lower left corner of your keyboard, click directly on the full sized photo and a menu will appear. Drag down the menu to "Copy Image Address" and choose that.

If I'm going to only use one photo, I just go to the thread where I want to post and proceed with the next step. But if I'm going to post more than one photo, I open up a totally new window in the thread where I want to post and open up a reply. I don't close the window with the pictures I uploaded.

In my reply window (the window I'm posting in), there is a whole string of buttons beginning with the B. Click on the button just to the left of the envelope. A box will appear with a shaded "http//." Just leave it alone. On your keyboard type Apple-V and the image address you copied from the photo should appear now in the box.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is how your picture will look before you click the Add Reply at the bottom of your post.

Posted Image

Add you text before and after the photos. Add more photos in the same manner.

Here is how my image appears after I click the Add Reply.

Posted Image

Remember, if you're going to post multiple photographs in a reply, it is much easier if you have two windows open. One for creating your post and the other for accessing the photos in your gallery and copying their locations.

The first few times you're uploading your pictures you may want to keep these instructions open in an additional window. Hope I was helpful. :D

Edited by Corgi Man, 12 March 2010 - 02:13 PM.

Food, glorious food! / Hot sausage and mustard!
While we're in the mood -- / Cold jelly and custard!
Pease pudding and saveloy! / What next is the question?
Rich gentlemen have it, boys -- / In-di-gestion!

Lionel Bart - OLIVER!

#2 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

I assume this is done using Safari. Can you use other browsers on a Mac like Firefox?
Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

#3 Corgi Man

Corgi Man
  • Members
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

I am not a knowledgeable person when it comes to this. But it seems to me that once I get on the Cook's Korner site I'm using the site's software to upload photos. So I'm guessing that it won't be any different.

Lionel Bart - OLIVER!

#4 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:37 AM

If anyone else here is using a Mac and using iPhoto, please shoot me a personal message. I am rather lost!
cookskorner@gmail.com

#5 Corgi Man

Corgi Man
  • Members
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

Drag the photos you want to upload from iPhoto to the desktop. And when you look for your photos for the multiple upload, you will find them on the desktop. You can trash the photos on your desktop after you've uploaded them to Cook's Korner since you will still have the originals in iPhoto.

Lionel Bart - OLIVER!

#6 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Ok, I get that. But I can't figure out how to resize them for CK. PIcassa did it automatically for me when I exported to a folder.
cookskorner@gmail.com

#7 Corgi Man

Corgi Man
  • Members
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

CK's software resizes it automatically for you when it uploads the photos.

Lionel Bart - OLIVER!

#8 James

James
  • Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

CK's software resizes it automatically for you when it uploads the photos.

I have to think, what is the Apple mystique?
I switched from Blackberry to iPhone last fall, and have several problems, with poor support from the company or the server.
My last call, last night, asked me to pay for telephone support since my purchase was more than 90 days old.
"A stew boiled is a stew spoiled!"
-Mrs. Bridges, in Upstairs Downstairs

#9 Corgi Man

Corgi Man
  • Members
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:35 PM

It's no mystique. I've been an Apple user since 1984. I've seen first hand they don't crash and freeze nearly as often as PC's. They are not prone to virus infections like PC's. It's new operating systems don't go through years of rejection by its users till the developers get it right. BTW, the whole Windows look was stolen from Apple. I've worked at organizations and offices that use both. There are far fewer problems with the Apples or Macs as most of us call them.

The charges you are incurring on your iPhone? I wonder if they have far more to do with the telephone company than Apple. We are charged for every aspect of our telephone service now.

But going back to Marlene's question which is the point of this thread, Cook's Korner's software resizes all my photos for me when I upload them. Maybe that's part of the occasional considerable time it takes in uploading.

Facebook's software also resizes all my photos.

Lionel Bart - OLIVER!

#10 James

James
  • Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:45 PM

It's no mystique. I've been an Apple user since 1984. I've seen first hand they don't crash and freeze nearly as often as PC's. They are not prone to virus infections like PC's. It's new operating systems don't go through years of rejection by its users till the developers get it right. BTW, the whole Windows look was stolen from Apple. I've worked at organizations and offices that use both. There are far fewer problems with the Apples or Macs as most of us call them.

The charges you are incurring on your iPhone? I wonder if they have far more to do with the telephone company than Apple. We are charged for every aspect of our telephone service now.

But going back to Marlene's question which is the point of this thread, Cook's Korner's software resizes all my photos for me when I upload them. Maybe that's part of the occasional considerable time it takes in uploading.

I refused the Apple iPhone consultation charges for downloading, and hung up on Apple. Tonight the server company (Rogers) guided me through something Apple should have provided, for a new device without an instruction book.
I've been happy with Google and Picasa for most of my photo work, just going to Photoshop once in awhile.
"A stew boiled is a stew spoiled!"
-Mrs. Bridges, in Upstairs Downstairs

#11 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:41 AM

I'll try that again, because yes, CK's software is supposed to resize, but it wasn't doing it for me yesterday which is when I finally downloaded Picassa for Mac.
cookskorner@gmail.com

#12 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:40 AM

Well there you go. It worked.
Posted Image
cookskorner@gmail.com

#13 Corgi Man

Corgi Man
  • Members
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

Instructions for iPhone. Many programs and devices keep their instructions current on line. Some programs don't come with manuals, just links to on-line manuals or a manual in pdf form.

My reiterated point on this thread (and not anyone's unrelated iPhone problems) is that you don't need any other program to upload photos to Cook's Korner. Yes, I find iPhoto useful for cropping and other editing adjustments. But once I've finished dealing with a photo in iPhoto, or KodakPersonal (my camera company's software) or ImageConverter, or PhotoShop, I don't need any other software for Cook's Korner photo uploading. I'm not sure if this is fact, but Cook's Kornier seems to prefer jpegs to other photo formats.

Good looking photo, Marlene.

Lionel Bart - OLIVER!

#14 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:42 AM

I'd have to look it up, but I think CK accepts a couple of other formats, although jPEg is the most common. Actually, I exported to "web" which put it in my desktop resized then uploaded it. I could have dragged it just as easily I suppose. I'm still figuring the whole thing out, but I do like the ease of editing in iPhoto so far.
cookskorner@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users