• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:10 PM

There are two types of links. The first is the ability to link to another post on the site within a post you are typing.

The second is to link to a webpage somewhere else and insert it into your post.

Linking to another post on the site

Every post on the site has a number in the upper right hand corner. To link to a specific post, you want to cliock on that post number. A box with the post URL will come up. Right click on the box so that the whole URL is still highlighted and select copy.

Go to the post you are currently typing in (I often have two windows open when I'm uploading photos or linking to various posts). Now, we're all familiar with the little tree you click on to add a picture? Look to the left of the tree. Two over (next to the envelope). That's the link button. Click on it, REMOVE the http// and then right click and select paste to copy the link you want. Click ok. Another box will come up to allow you add text to indicate what you are linking to. Add your text, hit ok and you're done. You can preview it to make sure it's correct, by selecting preview post at the bottom of the screen you are typing in. In the preview, you can click on the link you created to check and see if it is correct. A new window will open up.

Linking to a webpage offsite.
Find the webpage you are looking for. At the top of your browser, copy the URL of the webpage and proceed as above to add it to a post.
Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users