A week in Paris

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jake

Jake
  • Inactive
  • 988 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

Well, i won't be cooking this week. As we had company all weekend, we ate out more than anything, and now i'm spending a week in Paris. We have a lovely flat here, and a very large kitchen by Paris standards, but i imagine most of the cooking will be cheese plates and charcuterie or baguette we pick up. I'll post some photos when i can of that stuff. I already almost got kicked out of a grocery today for attempting to take a photo.
Friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies

#2 kim shook

kim shook
  • Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

Oh, Jake! How wonderful! We are hoping to go to England and Paris next spring (my first trip to Europe) and I'll be reading your posts for ideas! Have a wonderful week!

#3 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:17 PM

Lucky you Jake and what a perfect time of year. Hope you have your good walking shoes with you. I think no matter how many times you are in Paris you still walk and walk. The last time we were there my legs almost fell off in the Louvre. Enjoy!!

Edited by Madge, 12 November 2009 - 11:05 AM.

#4 Dianne

Dianne
  • Members
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:25 AM

Oh lucky you, Jake. I look forward to hearing all about what you eat.

#5 Dana

Dana
  • Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:31 AM

I think staying in one city (like Paris or Rome or NYC) in an apartment for a month would be the best vacation ever. Trying out the local restaurants, shops, markets, etc. would be so nice - and you have your own flat!!! how much fun!!!
Stop Family Violence
Leslie, I will never forget you.

#6 Guest_Safran_*

Guest_Safran_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:31 PM

Yes, please!Photos, and lots of them!!!! Merci!

#7 Jake

Jake
  • Inactive
  • 988 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for all the posts!! I have a couple photos, and I will post them soon, but it's 1:20 am and i'm too tired too do so tonight! Unfortunately no grocery store photos (have now been yelled at in two different stores for trying) but i do have some market, home and restaurant photos. A week really isn't long enough here. Particularly as this is my first vacation trip here, with only one afternoon evening of business functions, when my time is my own (well, almost. We are three girls so compromise is the word!) Madge - I know of what you speak. I think i am safe this time. As it's not business I have flat boots and shoes for a change, and only one pair of my usual 4 inch heels.

Tonight's dinner was at Domaine de Lintillac. A restaurant run by an artisan who specializes in foie gras and duck. I could've eaten the entire menu. As it was I had foie gras terrine marinated in Sauternes accompanied by a Sauternes gele (damn no accents on this keyboard), a sauteed foie with cassis and apricot, cassoulet, a side of boudin noir followed by cheese and profiteroles. It sounds like a lot. It was. The two apps were shared with my friend Anne, and the boudin noir was a full extra entree, but also shared. Nonetheless, I waddled out of there :)

More updates to come. Perhaps in the morning after I run across the street to the boulangerie for a baguette and some croissantsl

On another note, we have a fridge full of wonderful cheese for nibbling and breakfast, including some fabulously ripe Epoisse - when you open the fridge you can smell it throughout the flat!
Friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users