Slow Cooker Cookbook

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew Kayahara

Matthew Kayahara
  • Members
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:28 PM

Now that my husband is cooking a lot more dinners for himself, he asked for (and received) a slow cooker for Christmas. His birthday is coming up this month, so I thought it would be good to follow up with a slow cooker cookbook. Do any of you fine folks have a recommendation for slow cooker cookbooks you love... or ones to avoid? Thanks!

kayahara.ca
@mtkayahara

"A pot saver is a self-hampering cook. Use all the pans, bowls, and equipment you need, but soak them in water as soon as you are through with them. Clean up after yourself frequently to avoid confusion."
-Julia Child, Mastering the Art of French Cooking

#2 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:16 PM

There are two that I like.  One is Slow Cooker Revolution by America's Test Kitchen and William Sonoma's The New Slow Cooker.  There's another one, but it's at the cottage and I can't remember the name!

Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

#3 Matthew Kayahara

Matthew Kayahara
  • Members
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for the recommendations, Marlene! I bought him the America's Test Kitchen one. Hopefully he'll like it!

kayahara.ca
@mtkayahara

"A pot saver is a self-hampering cook. Use all the pans, bowls, and equipment you need, but soak them in water as soon as you are through with them. Clean up after yourself frequently to avoid confusion."
-Julia Child, Mastering the Art of French Cooking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users