Reheating Smoked Brisket

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kim shook

kim shook
  • Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

Mike did brisket for his fantasy football draft dinner last night. The last time that we did it and reheated it, we used a slow cooker and found it a little dry and cooked beyond where he really wanted it. I was wondering if it made sense to leave it whole and reheat it by steaming in a low oven. I was thinking of the gorgeous, juicy pastrami and corned beef that you always see them slicing on TV shows about places like Katzís and the Carnegie Deli. So I asked advice on eG. I got a few different responses. He decided to go with slicing first and then doing a sort of sous-vide hack. We put it through the Suck Machine (thatís what the Shooks call the Food Saver) in smallish portions and refrigerated. About 45 minutes before eating, we put the bags in roasting pans and covered with 135F degree water and covered the pans with foil.
Posted Image
This worked very well. In the bustle, I missed getting a shot of the meat when I plated it, but it was juicy and not overcooked at all. And it stayed warm all evening. This is a good trick for those of us who arenít set up for sous-vide!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users