Foodie Fund Raiser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Last night we went to a fund raiser for George Brown College a Toronto-based community college. It was a fabulous evening of non-stop eating of great food. They had 14 food stations featuring some of Canada's top chefs. They included Lynn Crawford, Mark McEwan, Rob Feenie, Keith Froggett and Michael Stadtlander to name a few. For those of you not familiar with the school they have a world renowned Chef's School which has many grads that have gone on to great heights. The Director, John Higgins was the Private Chef to the Queen Mother and has cooked in top kitchens around the world.
All the food was excellent but my favourites were Lynn's short ribs with polenta, a lobster dish,a selection of sushi and a curried cauliflower with grapes and spinach on quinoa. This was a perfect way for me to eat. Small portions and I could pace myself.

We bid on and won a trip to Las Vegas, a lunch at a Prince Edward County Winery and an IPad 3. Who knew any of these were on our Wish List?

#2 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Those auctions can be a killer! Sounds like fun though. Have you been to Las Vegas?
Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

#3 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

A killer...you bet!!! My partner is on the Board of Governors and we were bidding to get the $$ up and raise more money for the school. We didn't mean to win them all. YIKES. Oh well, for a cause we believe in. Good thing we don't go to many of these things. They are smart as they hold the auction late in the evening after much food and drink. Somehow the numbers don't seem as big in the evening as they do in the am.

Yes have been to Vegas a couple of times. Accommodation is at the Bellagio and includes tickets to Cirque. Have you ever been in Jan. or Feb.?

#4 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

No. The closest we've come is over new years last year, when we really lucked out with the weather. it will be cool that time of year, particularly at night.
Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users