New Problem With Images/gallery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kim shook

kim shook
  • Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Marlene – something very weird is happening when I try to post pictures. It’s been happening since this weekend. I’m managing to do it, but it’s different from what I’m used to and you hadn’t said anything about any changes, so I thought I’d ask. I’m posting it here instead of a PM in case anyone else has had any similar issues. I hope I can explain it clearly.

Normally, when I want to upload a picture to my gallery from my computer I hit the arrow next to my name, a drop box comes down and I click ‘my gallery’ and up pops my gallery. What is happening now is that the drop box disappears before I can click ‘my gallery’ and my profile screen pops up. The only way that I can get to the gallery section is to click ‘gallery’ in the field up top right below the name ‘CooksKorner’. Then instead of getting to my gallery, I get a screen with a top section that says ‘Member’s Gallery’ and below that a section that says ‘Last 5 images uploaded’ – so far all 5 have been mine. If I click ‘member’s gallery’, I go to a page titled ‘photo galleries’, some of which are mine, some not. So I click the album I want to post to and everything works the same until I click the picture that I want to upload from my computer. At that point what looks like a dark shade pops up on my screen. I can still see through it and when I click anywhere on the screen, it disappears. Only to pop up again the next time I click a picture to upload. It pops up again when I click ‘post multiple files’ and disappears when the next screen comes up.

Everything is normal then until I go to actually do the post. What I do is to compose my post in a word doc – putting in the computer language from ‘properties’. Then, when I get to the thread that I want to post in, I copy and paste it into the ‘reply’ screen. To post the pictures, I highlight the properties, click the ‘insert image’ icon and the information is already there. Usually when I click ‘insert image’, the properties information with the [img] before and after it appears exactly where I want the picture. What is happening now is that the information for the image is appearing at the very top of my reply box. So I’ve had to cut and paste it down in the body of the message where I want it.

So, as you can see, I am managing to get done what I need to, but it’s very different and complicated. Sorry to go on and on, but I wanted to be clear. Am I doing something wrong or has something changed? I’m very confused!

Thanks so much, Kim

#2 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

Is anyone else having this trouble? I don't seem to be. Kim what kind of computer are you using? If it keeps happening, I might ask for access to your account so I can see if it does it for me, but this almost sounds computer/isp related and not the software here. Let me know!
Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

#3 kim shook

kim shook
  • Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

You know what? I just put in a link on a post at eG and the same thing happened with the link appearing at the top of my post - I had to cut and paste to get it into the place I wanted it within my text. It must be my computer. Odd! I'll try it on Mr. Kim's computer later and see if the same thing happens.

Edited by kim shook, 29 March 2012 - 09:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users