Future Of Cook's Korner

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 persimmon

persimmon
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

I've really enjoyed your website Marlene, and I thank you for providing  it for us.  Now I'm wondering what your future plans are for it.  Will you be keeping it up, or do plan to move on?  I realize you have a lot going on in your life, so just asking.

If this is the end, I just want to thank you & all the posters here.....

Jackie

Jackie

#2 kim shook

kim shook
  • Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:47 PM

Boy, I HOPE that CK will continue.  I know that it isn't as busy as it was, but I love the intimacy and friendliness here.  I feel a bit lost at eG and love CK for being smaller.  

#3 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:34 PM

I have no plans to move on from the site or take it down although I have not been very active on it for the past few months.  Several changes in my life and moves and this and that and being just the two of us most times, I don't cook the way I used to.  Plus if I'm testing, that's stuff that can't be posted here so while I may be cooking, I can't share  :) .  So feel free to continue enjoying the site.  I really will try to pop in more often!

Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

#4 persimmon

persimmon
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

Good news Marlene!  I hope all the changes in your life are positive ones & that we'll see more of you! :)

Jackie

#5 kim shook

kim shook
  • Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

Marlene, I think you know what CK means to me.  I'm glad that it is here and I'm thrilled when I see you've posted something.  

#6 SobaAddict70

SobaAddict70
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:05 AM

I'll be keeping it alive, don't worry.

I'm also moving to San Francisco sometime in the next 3 weeks...isn't that exciting? Lots of food and cooking in the very near future, and beyond...

:)

#7 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:04 AM

Congrats Soba on the move and your future with B  :)  I love San Fran and look forward to reading your adventures.  I'm just not cooking much right now.  And it's been a really really busy summer.  :)

cookskorner@gmail.com

#8 kim shook

kim shook
  • Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:38 PM

So happy for you, Soba!  I know how much you've hated parting in the past and am looking forward to you discovering what it means to actually live and cook in SF!  

I am also not doing much cooking lately.  And won't for a couple of weeks more - we are off to Florida tomorrow.  Actually Mike left in the car an hour ago and my mother and I fly out tomorrow AM.  You'll see what I post - very dull things.  Most meals I haven't even bothered to take pictures of.

#9 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:58 PM

I guess CK is pretty much dead. RIP......it was fun while it lasted.

#10 persimmon

persimmon
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:12 PM

I'm afraid it seems to be Madge.  Marlene hasn't contributed here for months,  so I guess she's just finished with it.  Too bad.   I check in once in awhile to see if there is an explanation as to what has happened, but really nothing so far.

All the best to you & the other members!

Jackie

#11 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:02 AM

Thanks Persimmon and same to you. I have so many "go to" recipes from CK including your make ahead rice recipe.

Yes, Marlene fell off the face of the earth. Hope she is ok but would nice to have some closure.

#12 Dianne

Dianne
  • Members
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:02 PM

On the other hand, we could all get busy and keep it going.

#13 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:41 PM

You could all do that yes :P  I am incredibly busy in real life right now and have been for some time.  I really am not cooking anything new and exciting so there's not been anything to post about.  I had a back injury in dec and have spent most of my days at chiro, physio registered massage since.  Haven't had time to do much more than put food on the table.  I just renewed the domain name for another two years.  I'll do my best to be more active but I just ain't cooking these days. 

cookskorner@gmail.com

#14 persimmon

persimmon
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

So nice to hear  from you Marlene, hope your back is feeling better very soon!      

Yes, we could all just try to keep it going.  But - I've found from personal experience on other blogs, that if the moderator isn't active, neither is anyone else.   

Jackie

#15 kim shook

kim shook
  • Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:53 PM

I'm still cooking, just not posting due to being busy with my mom and other stuff.  We are going to Memphis this Saturday and will be back in a week.  I'll make a bigger effort then!  

Marlene - I'm so sorry about your back!  Please take care of yourself.  I remember how difficult it was when I had the back fracture.  Very frustrating, too!  I'll be thinking of you!

#16 Dana

Dana
  • Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

What Kim said. Hope you are doing better.
Stop Family Violence
Leslie, I will never forget you.

#17 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:17 AM

Nice to see your names pop up Marlene and Kim. Like reconnecting with old friends.

Not at your cottage Marlene?

#18 persimmon

persimmon
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:49 PM

Hi everyone, 

I notice that members are checking in, even though they don't post a message. We had a nice group here, so just wondering -  how is everyone these days?

We've had our fair share of family health issues ( members of all ages)  these last few years, but continue to try living the mantra - "This moment is good,  & this moment is all we have."  Seems to working so far!

How about you?  Tell us how life has been treating you.

Jackie

Jackie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users