• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:30 PM

I am no stranger to weight gains and loss. I am a lifetime member of weight watchers and I know the principles of weight loss, cold. I've managed to pack on several pounds over the course of my brother's and mother's illnesses, and it's getting to the point where nothing fits. :D

On our recent cruise I did two things. The first was a body wrap type of treatment over three days. The second was a body reading. (Not the clairvoyant kind!). The reading indicated that not only was I overweight (duh) but that I was carrying an extra twelve pounds of water around! Now, there are two very basic premises to weight loss.

1. Eat in the morning to get your metabolism going
2 drink lots of water

There's other stuff about portion control etc. but those two are really golden rules.

I fell out of both habits in the last year. So, my metabolism stayed asleep mostly and decided it was a good idea to store fat. And I stopped drinking water. Which meant my body thought it needed to reserve whatever water I did give it.

Over the last week, I've been taking serveral herbs designed to "flush the toxins" out of the body. I upped my water intake to 3 litres a day. And I started eating breakfast again. Mostly yogurt and grapefruit, but hey it's something. I've limited my alcohol intake in the evenings during the week to a couple of glasses of wine.

I'm not counting points, although I'm no stranger to the program, and I still basically eat what I want. So what have I accomplished? A 5 pound weight loss in 8 days.

Now, I'll guarantee you that the bulk of that is water loss. But I'm pleased with it nonetheless. Tomorrow the plan is to get back on the treadmill at least 3 days a week.

I have two months before we go on our Mediterrainian cruise and I plan to be 10 lbs lighter. That's a workable goal since the average good weight loss is one to two pounds a week.

the body reading suggested that my optimal weight should be 132. That will never happen I can promise. For one thing, I know through experience, that I would never maintain that, and for another, for my body type, it's just not going to look right. Ultimately, I hope to get back to my WW goal weight which was about 145 or so.
If I lose 10 lbs, I'll be getting close but not there, but I'd still be a lot happier!

I know we have WW members here, so feel free to start a thread about that if you like or other diet programs. For now, I'll see where this takes me.

Has anyone done any kind of body detoxing?
Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

#2 Jake

Jake
  • Inactive
  • 988 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:05 PM

Interesting thread. I, too, have gained more weight than I'd like, but it has happened in the last 5 or 6 months. I have recently begun eating breakfast again, albeit not til about 8 at the office and I get up about 6. I need to up my intake of water at work, it's good at home. I wonder if it'll help? My eating habits have not changed to indicate the weight gain....although I too have fallen off my treadmill routine. I must get back into that at least 3 days a week too.

I tried a detox about 2 years ago. I wasn't impressed. I spent 3 days with headaches, stomach issues and didn't notice a difference at the end of it.
Friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies

#3 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:08 PM

I've been favourably impressed with the detox so far. No headaches or other problems. I seem to have more energy during the day as well.
Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

#4 Dana

Dana
  • Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:51 AM

I'm a lifer at WW also. I sometimes attend meetings with my friend (same friend as will share peameal), but I really don't follow the points program- I'm more of a core gal. A low-(bad)carb gal. I really like the Suzanne Somers plan and the Montignac plan, so I sort of combine them, and I lose on that if I stay with it.
WW restricts fat sooooo much, that I really have a hard time staying on it. When I did points, I was hungry all the time, and I'm not doing that anymore. I'm not that overweight that I'm seriously endangering my health.Then there's the lack of wine, which Montignac allows in moderation. Additionally, we eat out fairly often, and a low carb plan is so much easier to manage at a restaurant. My biggest hang-up is bread. I just love bread, and will eat it till it's gone if given the chance. Better to avoid it all together, or stick with a whole-grain, which isn't so addictive to me. Dessert is a non-issue. I don't crave it at all. Only bread. :blush:
I do drink plenty of water, however, excercise is a 4 letter word to me. I make myself walk the dog sometimes, but the recumbant bike that I paid a lot of money for is a glorified catch-all. I'm sure somebody out there can relate.
Stop Family Violence
Leslie, I will never forget you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users