• 1,604 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:00 AM

lol...thought so.

#162 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:26 AM

Saw Rob Rainford's show "License to Grill" on FN. Now his outdoor kitchen...that would be just the ticket for you.

#163 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

Marlene, did the pool/outdoor kitchen plan ever go anywhere?

#164 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:42 PM

Marlene, did the pool/outdoor kitchen plan ever go anywhere?

The outdoor kitchen will have to wait till next year. Turns out on the pool, we had to apply for a minor variance in order to be able to put it in. We had the hearing a couple of weeks ago, and they gave it to us, so the pool is actually slated to go in around the end of the month. They are processing the fence permit now. It was way complicated, but the hearing took exactly 6 minutes. :D

and what about your kitchen? I'm still waiting to see pics of that!
Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

#165 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

Did you have to clear many trees for the pool? Even if we were so inclined to put one in (which we are not)it would be constantly full of pine needles. I guess if you are going to all the $$ and effort to put a pool in an outdoor kitchen is only logical and reasonable :D Will look forward to the pics.

Every time I have the kitchen tidy I mean to take a picture. Will try to post one this weekend. We are really enjoying working in it as it is so much more open and therefore makes you feel better when you are cooking.

#166 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

Did you have to clear many trees for the pool? Even if we were so inclined to put one in (which we are not)it would be constantly full of pine needles. I guess if you are going to all the $$ and effort to put a pool in an outdoor kitchen is only logical and reasonable :D Will look forward to the pics.

Every time I have the kitchen tidy I mean to take a picture. Will try to post one this weekend. We are really enjoying working in it as it is so much more open and therefore makes you feel better when you are cooking.

The front yard is pretty clear, although there are some trees. We'll just keep the cover on at night (also to avoid encouraging the wildlife from swimming in there). It will likely get covered first thing in the fall, when the leaves really are falling fast and we won't need it then anyway. This is an on ground pool which means it's only 5 1/2 feet deep at the deep end and 3 feet at the shallow end. We're only putting one in because our canal and shoreline are not really swimmable, and we wanted to be able to get in and cool off on those hot days. The hot tub isn't practical, because (a) it's inside, and (B) we can't really turn it down that much.
cookskorner@gmail.com

#167 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

I thought that was probably the reason you were putting in a pool. This summer's ++hot weather must have really sealed the deal. I was in swimming more this summer than I have been for years.

#168 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:43 PM

Marlene, did you get your pool in? I was picking up some hot tub supplies today and saw some pretty nice outdoor kitchens :P

#169 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

Marlene, did you get your pool in? I was picking up some hot tub supplies today and saw some pretty nice outdoor kitchens :P

The pool is in, but the deck has yet to be built around it. We'll see about an outdoor kitchen! I'm still waiting to see pics of your new cottage kitchen though!
cookskorner@gmail.com

#170 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

I keep meaning to take a pic when it is all cleaned up.

That's exciting about the pool. What's the next project?

#171 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

How are plans for the outdoor kitchen going??? :D

#172 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

How are plans for the outdoor kitchen going??? :D

sshhhhhh.
cookskorner@gmail.com

#173 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

Oh Marlene, your husband is so busy with his new responsibilities he'll never notice. "Kitchen....what kitchen? Ohhhhh that??"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users