Rockies, Ranges And Recreation

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 persimmon

persimmon
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

I can see why you love your new home Marlene. Love, love, all the storage! I'll be looking forward to the next installment with great interest.
Jackie

#82 kim shook

kim shook
  • Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:56 PM

Everything looks so great. I adore all of the storage! That pantry is truly envy inducing! And two ovens :wub: !! I’m very happy for you. In the picture, it looks like your fridge has an ice dispenser. If so, why does Don hate the ice maker being at the bottom? If not, I do understand. We have the French door refrigerator and I hate stooping to get ice (I probably get ice 10 times a day), but wouldn’t trade the ease of getting to everything in the refrigerator part for a top freezer. Can’t wait to see the rest.

#83 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

No no, Kim. Don hated the fridge in the old house. He loves this one! It's a 48 inch kitchen aid, and even though it is counter depth, it has a ton of room in it. I will get more pics up either today or on Monday and then do a little rambling about the neighbourhood.
Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

#84 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

House looks great Marlene and so glad you are enjoying it. Also love the storage. Sounds like this may be a long term stay? I will be seeking your advice on the double wall ovens as it appears we are selling here and taking over my partner's family cottage in New Brunswick. The whole house will be redone. It is overwhelming at times!

#85 Marlene

Marlene

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

At least for another 4-5 years Madge. We don't know yet whether we will go back to Ontario once he retires or not. I think we will, but then I never thought I'd have moved to Calgary so we'll see. I'll go into that in a little more detail next week. Does this mean you're moving down east?
Administrator, CooksKorner
cookskorner@gmail.com

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.
Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

#86 Dana

Dana
  • Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:40 PM

It is beautiful, Marlene. You are way ahead of me as far as the spice situation goes. I still don't have them as organized as I'd like. The flooring in the entryway - is it a wood-look tile? It looks very similar to ours. It is a little dark, but Steve has taken over keeping them cleas since he retired, and I am so cool with that. He also picked out our fridge - it's a Jenn-Air. He really liked the gnurled (sp?) handled. I only wanted the freezer on the bottom and the french doors. Pantry/storage is awesome.
Stop Family Violence
Leslie, I will never forget you.

#87 Madge

Madge
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:26 PM

At least for another 4-5 years Madge. We don't know yet whether we will go back to Ontario once he retires or not. I think we will, but then I never thought I'd have moved to Calgary so we'll see. I'll go into that in a little more detail next week. Does this mean you're moving down east?

We will be doing the 4 months in New Brunswick and the rest of the year here in Toronto. I am not ready to give up this condo or the city life. At the moment our life is so uncertain I won't even book theatre tickets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users